No one wants to buy a home or commercial building with mold! But the problem is, mold spores are often hard to detect. Platinum Property Inspections offers quality, thorough home and commercial property inspections in Prescott and Yavapai County and discusses the dangers of mold in the house you may be looking to purchase.
If you’re looking to purchase a home, you can learn how to detect mold in buildings. You can also request that the seller disclose any known mold issues and negotiate mold problems that may come to light before the sale.
Mold is a fungus that comes in many colors (black, white, orange, pink, green, or gray) and in different shapes and patterns. While some molds are visible and can even be odorous, mold can also hide between walls, under floors and ceilings, or in less accessible spots, such as basements and attics.
Here are some areas in a building where mold is likely to be found:
- Basements or other places that have flooded and haven’t been completely dried and sanitized
- Around leaking pipes, roofs or windows (continual moisture gives mold spores the nourishment they need to start growing)
- Tightly sealed buildings – this often happens in new construction, which can trap excess moisture inside
- Homes with inadequate ventilation
- Housekeeping that ignores dampness and doesn’t air out the areas cleaned
Although it’s not the home inspector’s job to look for mold, a good inspector will mention obvious signs of water damage and the possible presence of mold. Also, the inspector will be probing in spaces not normally viewed and may see things you wouldn’t see.
Platinum Property Inspections recognizes the dangers of mold in the Prescott home or commercial building you may be looking to purchase, and offers thorough, quality inspections. Schedule a residential or commercial building inspection in Prescott or Yavapai County by calling the experts at Platinum Property Inspections at 928-713-0889.